Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Songs for Spring

It feels like Spring has descended upon San Diego.  I know most of the country is still under a sheet of ice but thankfully I live in one of the most lovely climates in the US. Spring makes me want to sit in traffic with the windows down and seat dance off into the taillights.  This is what I’m digging these days.  Some of these you may of heard of and some are new gems.  Enjoy!


Hollywood by RAC feat. Penguin Prison, Felix Da Housecat  //  This would be a good start to a run.
Ritual Union by Little Dragon  //  This is probably one of her most popular track by dang is it good.  Side note, she is releasing a new album in May, I’m sure it’s good.
The Man by Aloe Blacc  //  I know this is definitely getting over played on the radio but I love that catchy hook.
I Wanna Go by Summer Heart  //  It’s got a beat that’ll make you swoon. Well I don’t really know who swoons these days but it sounds like a plausible outcome whilst listening.
Timothy by Tennis  //  I have a brother named Timothy who played Tennis in high school so naturally I enjoy this track.
Love Is to Die by Warpaint  //  It’s a little bit emo and I’m ok with that.
Hey You- PPRR Dance Remix by Pony Pony Run Run  //  This track is peppy and electric and most definitely makes you want to hop around like a blissfully happy person
Solid Gold by The Golden Filter  //  If you can’t afford a new gold watch like me, this should tide you over until you find all of your pennies.
Despicable Dogs (Washed Out Remix) by Small Black  //  I pretty much sit at my desk during the day and bop my head back and forth to this synthy-song.
Stood Me Up by Dwntwn  //  Ladies, don’t ever let a man stand you up and get away with it, well don’t break any laws but it’s not cool and this song is the only good thing that’s come from being stood up.
Real Life by Tanlines  //  This is an oldie but a consistent goodie. This was another concert I missed at the Casbah and my friends raved about for months afterwards. Next time there’s a concert on a Sunday night, getting up for work in the morning will not be a sufficient excuse for me to be absent.
She Lit a Fire by Lord Huron  //  I had the pleasure of front row seats to this concert in December. Well this song is truly my favorite of LH. Honestly they don’t have any bad songs. You might know the Ends of the Earth song from a stupid Zale’s commercial but don’t let that ruin these Lords for you.  Buy their Lonesome Dreams album, I promise you won’t be upset with yourself or your purchase.
Not a Bad Thing by Justin Timberlake  //  I know, I’m going all main stream pop on you but I like it.  Since I’m a huge Jimmy Fallon fan, I of course watched the episode that Timberlake was most recently on.  He performed this song and dang, J-Timbo you did it again.
Don’t Save Me (Cyril Hahn Remix) by Haim  //  These hipster sisters are killing it even if everyone is mispronouncing their name.  I still say it wrong. It’s not Hayyyme it’s Hiiimmee. Confusing, right?

You can listen to most of these songs on my spotify playlist: Spring Fling  



-KD

No comments:

Post a Comment